* Leaves opposite, elliptic,
dark green above and hairy beneath. 2-4".
* Flowers creamy white, 4 petals that taper at the tip.
* Bark mottled, exfoliates with age.
* Fruit a hanging, spherical, studded ball.
* Height: 20-30'.
* Flowers May - June, 2 weeks after common Flowering Dogwood.
* Habitat: Usually grown for decoration.
* Alien. Native to China, Korea, and Japan.
* The fruits of the Kousa Dogwood are edible, though considered a bit
* Kousa Dogwood was introduced to the United States in 1875.