* Flowers white, in umbrella-like clusters. Outer flowers large and showy,
inner flowers small.
* Leaves large, opposite, nearly
rounded but heart-shaped at base. Finely toothed.
* Fruits hard, red to blue.
* Height: 3-8".
* Flowers in May.
* Fruits August - October.
* Habitat: Moist woods and dense thickets, low to medium elevation.
* Range: Southeastern Canada to southeastern United States.
* Moose and deer feed
upon hobblebush, but the plants that they have browsed become stunted
and develop atypical leaves.