* Inflorescence clustered at top of stem.
* Female inflorescence in a round cluster, made up of bladderlike, inflated
* Stem triangular.
* Height: 1-2 1/2'.
* Flowers late May - September.
* Habitat: Inflated sedge grows in clumps in the wet soil of meadows
and other open places.
* Range: Northeastern United States.
* Sedges can be immediately recognized in meadows by their triangular
stems. Look for them growing in the meadows in front of the Science
Center - some have even spread into the surrounding lawn.