* Needles stiff, dark green, flattened or triangular, surrounding branch,usually
pointing to the end of the branch, 1/2-4/5".
* Twigs hairless, twigs and branches hanging downward.
* Cones brown, 4-7", fall soon
* Bark reddish brown.
* Height: 60-90'.
* Habitat: Usually planted as an ornamental tree, occasionally spreading
from cultivation to upland areas.
* Introduced from Europe.
* The first class tree at Wellesley, planted by the class of 1879, is
a Norway spruce! Look for it at the edge of Severance Green, across
College Road from Collins Cinema.