* Flowers lemon yellow, unspotted, upward-facing. six petals,blossoms
from the top of the stalk.
* Very similar to orange daylily, but smaller and with unspotted petals.
* Leaf blade-like.
* Height: 1-3'.
* Blossoms all summer, but each flower stays open for one day only.
* Habitat: Meadows, roadsides.
* Introduced from Asia and escaped from cultivation.
* The Lily family has over 294 genera and 4,500 species (just imagine
the reunions). Most members are abundant in the tropics. A lily is
a lilium in Latin, a leirion in Greek, and a laleh in Persian. For
more information about daylilies, see Orange
* Daylilies are sometimes found growing on people's wrists and
clothing, as is shown in bottom photo at the right.