ENVIRONMENT & DEVELOPMENT
The Environment for Development Initiative
- The overall objective of the EfD initiative is to support poverty alleviation and sustainable development through the increased use of environmental economics in the policy making process. The EfD initiative is a capacity building program in environmental economics, focusing on research, policy advice, and teaching in Central America, China, Ethiopia, Kenya, South Africa, and Tanzania.
The International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED)
- The International Institute for Environment and Development is a global leader in sustainable development.Our mission is to build a fairer, more sustainable world, using evidence, action and influence in partnership with others. As an independent international research organisation, we are specialists in linking local to global. In Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Central and South America, the Middle East and the Pacific, we work with some of the world's most vulnerable people to ensure they have a say in the policy arenas that most closely affect them — from village councils to international conventions.
Journal of Environment & Development
- The Journal of Environment & Development (JED) Interdisciplinary and essential reading for anyone concerned with environmental protection and sustainable development. Wellesley College Access
OECD Topic: Environment
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Women's Environment & Development Organization (WEDO)
- WEDO’s mission is to empower women as decision makers to achieve economic, social and gender justice, a healthy, peaceful planet, and human rights for all. Through our programs on Economic and Social Justice, Gender and Governance and Sustainable Development, WEDO emphasizes women’s critical role in social, economic and political spheres. Within these three program areas, WEDO initiatives encompass climate change, corporate accountability, UN reform, and women’s political participation and leadership.
World Bank Sustainable Development Network (SDN)
- Much of the World Bank’s work in sustainable development is piloted via an internal grouping of departments, the Sustainable Development Network. It focuses on supporting our clients, directly or via the Bank’s Regional units, on the complex agenda of sustainable development.
The CII-ITC Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Development
- The CII-ITC Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Development is an institution that creates a conducive, enabling climate for Indian businesses to pursue sustainability goals. It creates awareness, promotes thought leadership, and builds capacity to achieve sustainability across a broad spectrum of issues.