Foundations & Philanthropies
The Ford Foundation
- The Ford Foundation is a resource for innovative people and institutions around the world. We were founded to advance human welfare, and all of our work flows from this fundamental commitment. The Ford Foundation is a resource for innovative people and institutions worldwide. Our goals for more than half a century have been to strengthen democratic values, reduce poverty and injustice, promote international cooperation, advance human achievement.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (B&MGF) is the 4th largest transparently operated private foundation in the world, founded by Bill and Melinda Gates. The primary aims of the foundation are, globally, to enhance healthcare and reduce extreme poverty, and, in the United States, to expand educational opportunities and access to information technology. (From Wikipedia)
- Since its founding in 1956, Global Impact’s goal has been to help the millions in need in developing countries gain access to the tools and skills they need to work their way out of poverty.
Mo Ibrahim Foundation
- The Mo Ibrahim Foundation has been established to promote African development, with a special focus on promoting good governance in sub-Saharan Africa. Dr Mo Ibrahim is one of Africa's most successful business leaders. Born in Sudan in 1946, Dr Ibrahim is the founder of Celtel International, a mobile telephone company with operations across sub-Saharan Africa.
Open Society Institute (Soros Foundation)
- The Open Society Institute works to build vibrant and tolerant democracies whose governments are accountable to their citizens. To achieve its mission, OSI seeks to shape public policies that assure greater fairness in political, legal, and economic systems and safeguard fundamental rights. On a local level, OSI implements a range of initiatives to advance justice, education, public health, and independent media. At the same time, OSI builds alliances across borders and continents on issues such as corruption and freedom of information. OSI places a high priority on protecting and improving the lives of people in marginalized communities.
The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation Global Development Program
- The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation has been making grants since 1967 to solve social and environmental problems at home and around the world.The Foundation concentrates its resources on activities in education, environment, global development, performing arts, and population.
The Nike Foundation
- The Nike Foundation (www.nikefoundation.org) is a non-profit organization supported by NIKE, Inc., that is dedicated to investing in adolescent girls as the most powerful force for change in the developing world. NIKE, Inc. (www.nikebiz.com) based near Beaverton, Oregon, is the world’s leading designer, marketer and distributor of authentic athletic footwear, apparel, equipment and accessories for a wide variety of sports and fitness activities.
The Rockefeller Foundation
- Since its establishment in 1913, the Rockefeller Foundation has sought to identify and attack at their source the underlying causes of human suffering. The Foundation pioneered the frontier of global philanthropy and continues to find and fund solutions to many of the world’s most intractable challenges.
The United Nations Foundation
- The UN Foundation, a public charity, was created in 1998 with entrepreneur and philanthropist Ted Turner’s historic $1 billion gift to support UN causes and activities. We are an advocate for the UN and a platform for connecting people, ideas and resources to help the United Nations solve global problems.
Back to top