Population, Migration & Remittanances
World Bank Development Prospects Group on Migration and Remittances
- An important part of the World Bank's work on migration and remittances involves efforts to monitor and forecast remittance and migration flows, and to provide timely analysis on topics such as remittances, migration, and diaspora issues.
Financing Facility for Remittances (IFAD)
- The UN's International Fund for Agriculture and Development's US$18 million multi-donor facility, Financing Facility for Remittances, increases economic opportunities for the rural poor through the support and development of innovative, cost-effective, and easily accessible international and/or domestic remittance services. See also the Remittances Gateway.
Migration and Development
- MigrationAndDevelopment.net will facilitates and supports operational programming and partnerships within the field of migration and development, increasing awareness of, preparation for and follow-up to, regional and international processes, particularly in the case of faith-based and civil society actors. Guided by the principles of Catholic Social Teaching and the committed, long-term engagement of the Church in both migration and development initiatives worldwide, MigrationAndDevelopment.net is managed and administered by the International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC), in partnership with Misereo.
Migration for Development
- The European Commission-United Nations Joint Migration and Development Initiative (JMDI) reflects the acceptance of and growing interest in the strong links between migration and development. The UN High Level Dialogue on Migration and Development in 2006 and the subsequent Global Fora on Migration and Development underscored international migrants’ contribution to destination countries, where they meet labour shortages and enrich local cultures
The Population Council
- The Population Council, an international, nonprofit, nongovernmental organization, seeks to improve the well-being and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world and to help achieve a humane, equitable, and sustainable balance between people and resources.
Population Reference Bureau
- PRB informs people from around the world and in the United States about issues related to population, health, and the environment. To do this, we transform technical data and research into accurate, easy-to-understand information.
Research on Remittances (Pew Hispanic Center)
- With research conducted both in the United States and in Latin America, the Center explores the massive flow of dollars that links Hispanic immigrants with their families back home. Various studies have examined the types of people who send and those who receive remittances. In addition the Center has focused attention on the market for remittance transfer services, assessing how immigrants chose those services and how the market has responded to growing demand.
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
- UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is an international development agency that promotes the right of every woman, man and child to enjoy a life of health and equal opportunity. UNFPA supports countries in using population data for policies and programmes to reduce poverty and to ensure that every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, every young person is free of HIV, and every girl and woman is treated with dignity and respect.
USAID: Family Planning
- USAID's Family Planning program is one of the success stories in U.S. development assistance. Since the launch of the program in 1965, families are better able to feed, clothe, educate, and provide health care for their children. Countless women and children are alive today as a result of USAID assistance.
US Bureau of the Census International Database
- The International Data Base (IDB) offers a variety of demographic indicators for countries and areas of the world with a population of 5,000 or more