Development News (RSS)
Alphabetical Listing of Sites
Ethnopolitics and Nationalism
The Joshua Project
- "Joshua Project is a research initiative seeking to highlight the ethnic people groups of the world with the fewest followers of Christ. Accurate, regularly updated ethnic people group information is critical for understanding and completing the Great Commission. Jesus said in Matthew 24:14 "This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come." Jesus directly links His return to the fulfillment of the Great Commission. While no one knows the date or time of His return, we do know that this gospel of the kingdom must be preached to all the nations first. Revelation 5:9 and 7:9-10 show that there will be some from every tribe, tongue, nation and people before the Throne." WAJ opinion: Excellent data on religious and linguistic compostion despite the site's agenda.
Minorities at Risk Project
- The Minorities at Risk (MAR) Project is a university-based research project that monitors and analyzes the status and conflicts of politically-active communal groups in all countries with a current population of at least 500,000.
The Nationalism Project
- The Nationalism Project is one of the most widely used nationalism studies resources on the Internet and provides users with a clearinghouse of scholarly nationalism information including: leading definitions of nationalism, book reviews, web links, subject bibliographies, a bibliography of more than 2,000 journal articles, and much more. The site was created in 1999 by Eric G.E. Zuelow, currently Assistant Professor of European History at the University of New England in Biddeford, ME. The Nationalism Project is loosely affiliated with the Association for Research on Ethnicity and Nationalism in the Americas (ARENA), an informal association of international scholars dedicated to the study of nationalism in both North and South America.
Nations and Nationalism
- Nationalism is the central issue of the modern world. Since the demise of the Soviet Union there has been a proliferation of nationalist and ethnic conflicts. The consequent explosion of interest in ethnicity and nationalism has created an urgent need for systematic study in this field. Nations and Nationalism aims to satisfy this need. As a scholarly, multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary journal, it is designed to respond to the rapid growth of research in the study of nationalism and nationalist movements throughout the world. Nations and Nationalism is the leading journal in the academic world specifically devoted to the study of nationalism.Wellesley College Access
Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism
- Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism is a biannual journal of the Association for the Study of Ethnicity and Nationalism. The journal also produce periodic themed issues of contemporary relevance, and also an annual special issue for the ASEN conference every year. It contains fully refereed short articles on ethnicity, nationalism, identity and related topics. The study of such an interdisciplinary subject has produced works from traditional methodologies, but also some from more modern perspectives. We encourage submissions from diverse approaches about both regional and theoretical issues. Wellesley College Access